The European Certificate in Lifestyle Medicine: Health and Fitness Lifestyle Advisor
The European Lifestyle Medicine Organization (ELMO), together with the Belgian Lifestyle Medicine Organization (BELMO), offer an evidence-based eight weeks online program with the support of the European lifestyle medicine representatives.
Why you should enroll in this course:
- Ιt is the only lifestyle medicine online program which offers clinical and practical skills to understand and practice lifestyle medicine.
- Υou will learn how to communicate with your patients based on Motivational Interviewing principles.
- Ηealthier professional mean healthier patients, so you will be mentored during the course to improve your own healthier lifestyle.
- Υou will be part of the biggest European lifestyle medicine practitioners network who followed the course.
The online course has already had eleven successful sessions and is developed and coordinated by the Scientific Director of the European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate and the Education Coordinator of the “European Lifestyle Medicine Organization”, Dr. Ioan Hanes, Belgium
The teaching team is recently completed with four graduates of the ELMO Certificate:
The ELMO certificate is addressed to medical professionals and eventually to those interested in a healthy lifestyle, who would like to develop and monitor a healthy lifestyle trajectory for their patients and for themselves. Upon registration we ask that all registrants
include a copy of their main professional diploma. The exam will certify that graduated students master the lifestyle medicine principles and apply them in their practice.
Winter 2024 Certificate has already started. Stay tuned for the announcement of
the next session!
The weekly online course is take place from 29th January to 22th March, 2024. The course has 30 hours of online sessions split between eight weeks of weekly courses, a motivational interviewing practical session and a self-development workshop. The online course, with a choice for the weekly day (Monday or Friday) of the course established with the coordinator, from 18:00 to 21:00 (CET- Brussels Time) requires a mandatory presence of all participants for 75% of the total time. Until now, the average presence has always been more than 90%.
Course Registration Fees (course and exam fees):
|Non Medical doctors:
ELMO members have a 10% discount on the course fee.
Objectives of the course:
- Define lifestyle medicine and describe its essential components
- Personal commitment to improve health choices in your own life through personalized guidance
- Lifestyle medicine consultation in the health advisor practice
- Identifying how lifestyle behaviors, including physical activity, nutrition, sleep, sexual health, chemical addictions, stress and technology could contribute to overall health
- Describe the difference between the coach approach and the expert approach when counseling for therapeutic lifestyle changes
- Motivational interviewing basics and practical exercises for behavior change
- European lifestyle medicine initiatives in the prevention and treatment of lifestyle-related chronic diseases
- How to communicate in a multidisciplinary and multiculturally environment
- Developing critical reading of lifestyle medicine literature and material
- To build up a network of European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate graduates in Europe and around the world
Participants will receive an invitation to join
an online platform before each online meeting. To participate in the sessions,
they are requested to have a laptop or desktop
computer, internet connection, basic software (office tools, webs browser,
media player, adobe reader) speakers or headphones
The final exam will take place online and consist of
two parts: MCQ and a personalized lifestyle medicine practical case.
Those interested to obtain the certificate will
have to participate in minimum 75% of the online training (including
the two workshops) and to fulfill all the practical assessments.
Interested parties are asked to note that there
is no possibility to only audit the course. The European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate has an
important practical part which is mandatory together with the 75% of the
presence required in the theoretical part of the course. Refusing to submit, in
time, the practical assignments during the course could lead to the exclusion
from the course, without a financial reimbursement. The registration in the
course means you accept these conditions.
Participants will not need further documentation
other than their presence during the online sessions.
The interactive course is a practical lifestyle
medicine skills developing program so places are limited.The success of the eleven previous sessions with 400 students from more than thirty countries are
proof of the effectiveness of our teaching methods. All teaching materials in
the course are under copyright laws and multiplication or registering them are
Take the chance to be a graduate of the first and unique scientific European certificate in lifestyle medicine!
Guest Speakers invited in the course until now:
Dr. Stefania Ubaldi
Dr. Ioannis Arkadianos
Prof. Beth Frates
Prof. Anne-Claude Juillerat Van Der Linden
Prof. Hanno Pijl
Prof. Robert Kelly
Prof. Labros Sidossis
Prof. Giorgos Sakkas
Dr. Mitchell Silva
Dr. Rabbanie Tariq Wani
Prof. Alexia Papageorgiou
Dr. Reka Vernes
Prof. Anna Lengyel
Dr. Pascal Douek
Prof. Edit Paulik
Prof. Ourania Kolokotroni
Dr. Elena Gopchuk
Prof. Jhony Alberto De La Cruz-Vargas
Dr. Bianca Comsa
Dr. Inês Mendes Correia
Dr. Florin Ioan Balanica
Prof. Georgeta Vaidean