The European Certificate in Lifestyle Medicine: Health and Fitness Lifestyle Advisor
The European Lifestyle Medicine Organization (ELMO), together with the Belgian Lifestyle Medicine Organization (BELMO), offer an evidence-based eight weeks online program with the support of the European lifestyle medicine representatives. It is the only one lifestyle medicine online program which offers the clinical and practical skills to understand and practice lifestyle medicine.
The online course is developed and coordinated by the Scientific Director of the European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate and the Education Coordinator of the “European Lifestyle Medicine Organization”, Dr. Ioan Hanes, Belgium
Who Should Participate
The ELMO certificate is addressed to medical professionals and eventually to those interested in a healthy lifestyle, who would like to develop and monitor a healthy lifestyle trajectory for their patients and themselves. The exam will certify that graduated students master the lifestyle medicine principles and apply them in their practice.
Registrations for the 2021 Spring Summer Session of the Certificate are now closed.
The new weekly course will start on May 17, 2021 at 19:00 (CET-Brussels Time). The course has 26 hours online sessions split between eight weeks of weekly courses and a self-development session. The online course, with a choice for the weekly day (Monday or Thursday) of the course established with the coordinator, from 19:00 to 21:30 (CET- Brussels Time) is requiring a mandatory presence of all participants for 75% of the total time.
Objectives of the course:
Course Registration Fees (course and exam fees):
ELMO members have a 10% discount on the course fee.
|Non Medical doctors:
- Define lifestyle medicine and describe its essential components
- Personal commitment to improve health choices in own life through personalized guidance
- The lifestyle medicine consultation in the health advisor practice
- Identifying how lifestyle behaviors including physical activity, nutrition, sleep, sexual health, chemical addictions, stress and technology could contribute to overall health
- Describe the difference between the coach approach and the expert approach when counseling for therapeutic lifestyle changes
- Motivational interviewing basics and practical exercises for behavior change
- European lifestyle medicine initiatives in the prevention and treatment of lifestyle related chronic diseases
- How to communicate in a multidisciplinary and multiculturally environment
- Developing critical reading of lifestyle medicine literature and material
- To build up a network of European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate graduates in Europe and around the world
Participants will receive an invitation to join an online platform before each online meeting. To participate in the sessions, they are requested to have a laptop or desktop computer, internet connection, basic software (office tools, webs browser, media player, adobe reader) speakers or headphones
Due to the global restrictions of COVID-19 the final exam will also take place online.
Those interested to obtain the certificate will have to participate in minimum 75% of the online training and to fulfill all the practical assessments.
Interested parties are asked to note that there is no possibility to only audit the course
. The European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate has an important practical part which is mandatory together with the 75% of the presence required in the theoretical part of the course. Refusing to submit the practical assignments during the course could lead to the exclusion from the course, without a financial reimbursement. The registration in the course means you accept these conditions.
Participants will not need further documentation other than their presence during the online sessions.
The success of the three previous sessions with students from more than twenty countries are exemplary of the effectiveness of our teaching methods. All teaching materials in the course are under copyright laws and multiplication or registering them are prohibited.
Take the chance to be a graduate of the first and unique scientific European certificate in lifestyle medicine!
Guest Speakers invited in the course until now:
Dr. Stefania Ubaldi
Dr. Ioannis Arkadianos
Prof. Beth Frates
Prof. Anne-Claude Juillerat Van Der Linden
Prof. Hanno Pijl
Prof. Robert Kelly
Prof. Labros Sidossis
Prof. Giorgos Sakkas
Dr. Mitchell Silva
Dr. Rabbanie Tariq Wani
Prof. Alexia Papageorgiou
Dr. Reka Vernes
Prof. Anna Lengyel
Dr. Pascal Douek
Prof. Edit Paulik
Prof. Ourania Kolokotroni
Dr. Elena Gopchuk
Prof. Jhony Alberto De La Cruz-Vargas
Dr. Bianca Comsa
Dr. Inês Mendes Correia
Dr. Florin Ioan Balanica
Prof. Georgeta Vaidean